Ethical Investment Charter
Christian Super aims to invest in accordance with Biblical principles, consistent with our Statement of Faith, to ensure that member funds are managed responsibly while growing for their future needs.
We strive to pursue investment in corporations that care for people and God’s creation, who demonstrate sound ethical practices and meet performance standards in their social, environmental and financial stewardship.
Sound ethical practices include:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Transparency and Accountability
- Best Practice Governance
Environmental stewardship includes:
- Efficient resource use and management
- Ecological sustainability
- Renewable energy sources
- Energy efficiency
Social stewardship includes:
- Dignity and respect for all people
- Workplace management practices
- Community and stakeholder relations
Financial stewardship includes:
- Best practice financial management
- Financial return
- Risk management
- Avoiding investment in corporations that engage in producing goods or services that have addictive or harmful effects on people, such as, illicit drugs, gambling, tobacco and pornography; activities that are excessively harmful to the environment; predatory practices or exploitation; abuse of human dignity or freedoms
- Positively influence fund managers and corporations through active involvement
- Work with other like-minded investors to help bring Christian values to the marketplace.