Our annual member survey helps us better understand our members so that that we can serve them better.
We’ve summarised a few of the key findings below.
What you care about
We asked our members which global issues were most important to them. The top five are:
- Alleviating poverty
- Ending racism
- Reducing waste
- Social equality
- Sustainable business
The good news is that Christian Super members are already making a positive difference to most of these global issues through our Impact Investments – click here to find out more.
Reflections on your super
We asked our members who have not yet retired, how they would summarise their super situation.
- 34% feel like their super is in a pretty good place but acknowledge there is more they could do
- 40% told us that they rarely think about their super but feel they should look into it soon, while another 13% said they don’t pay attention to their super and have no plans to change this anytime soon.
- The remaining 13% feel like they have their super sorted and feel confident they are on track for retirement.
If you don’t feel like your super is sorted, it’s easier than you might think. Check out these tips or contact our friendly and knowledgeable Member Care Team for a complimentary Super Health Check.
Feedback about Christian Super
We asked our members what they thought of Christian Super. The top 3 answers were:
- Christian Super shares my Christian values and beliefs
- I can trust Christian Super to do the right thing by me
- Christian Super has ethically screened investments
We also asked our members how we could improve – the top two answers were in relation to fees and investment performance. Here are some updates regarding this:
- As a profit-to-member fund, we were delighted to pass our latest round of fee savings to our members in October 2020, following a fee reduction in July 2019. We regularly review the balance between the services that we are able to provide as a result of our fees, and our desire to keep fees as low as possible.
- While recent investment returns are lower than they have been, we’re pleased to report that our investment options have been performing well during the last year. The investment returns for the majority of our options, including our default My Ethical Super product, are in the top 25% of comparable investment options for the most recent 12 month period.* This is a great result during a challenging season, and a reminder that it’s possible to invest ethically and still get a great return.
Your meaningful retirement goals
Christian Super members have retirement goals are deeply connected with their personal faith and core values. These include:
- Spending more time with their families free from financial stress
- Giving back to the community and being generous
- Continuing to live out God’s calling
Christian Super’s mission is to equip our members to faithfully steward their finances and enable them to have a purposeful retirement.
When it came to perspectives on retiring with purpose, 59% of members said they know what purposeful retirement would look like for themselves and 53% said they know what they will need to live out a purposeful retirement.
“My purposeful retirement is the ability to contribute to others without the worry of finance, to be able to give back to people and the community which has always helped me.”
“Purposeful retirement means continuing to serve God’s kingdom even after retirement from paid work. We don’t retire from gospel work.”
If you’re thinking about retirement but are not sure where to start, we’ve just added a new retirement section to our website that we hope will be helpful for you – have a look and let us know what you think!
THANK YOU to the 2,794 members who have participated in this survey this year, providing valuable insights to our team. Your feedback helps us shape the products and services we offer as a super fund.
We also want to congratulate the following members who have received prizes for completing our survey:
- Matthew from SA
- Rachel from SA
- Wendy from NSW
If you have any further feedback or questions, please feel free to contact us.
* Source: SuperRatings data. SuperRatings classify investment options based on their percentage of growth assets rather than the name of the option. For example: My Ethical Super is included in the SuperRatings Balanced group of options which all have 60-76% in growth assets.