This additional section has links to resources that may be relevant to you. As a quick overview, here is what you’ll find:
- Knowing how to budget can be confusing! Check out this free budgeting calculator from the government. It’s a helpful tool if you’re looking at money allocation in your life and how to prioritise what you have. https://moneysmart.gov.au/budgeting/budget-planner
- Read our blog post on simple things you can do to help save. https://www.christiansuper.com.au/5-simple-saving-tips/
- Living within your means – what does practically look like? This short podcast by Alex Cook from ‘Wealth With Purpose’ discusses different ways to live which may be appropriate to where you are in your financial needs. https://www.families.org.au/broadcasts/living-within-your-means
- Here are 11 simple tips you can utilise to help you with your spending in this time. https://www.christiansuper.com.au/11-small-things-you-can-do-to-improve-your-saving-habit/
Faith and finance
The bible may not necessarily discuss step by step financial instructions around what it means to have wealth as a Christian. It does however give us much wisdom and insight as to how we are to steward our monetary resources. The below resources have much insight and thought on different perspectives and practical advice as to what God’s words says about faith and financial decisions.
- Crown Ministries have an array of great resources that you can tap into: https://www.crown.org/resource-stewardship/
- Is it worth getting a financial advisor? Read our blog on a few things to think through: https://www.christiansuper.com.au/do-you-need-a-financial-advisor/
Mental health, well-being and faith post-Covid
As we adjust to a season of living with the impacts of the COVID-19, we appreciate how important it is to focus on maintaining our mental health and wellbeing. While we are not experts in this area, we do immensely care for the wellbeing of our members and wish to be supportive. Below we have prepared a few useful links to Christian blogs and mental health and wellbeing articles that we believe may be helpful to you. As always, we are here to help and support you, and will continue to pray for God’s peace, comfort and provision for you and your family during this season.
- For those who’re subscribed to RightNow media make sure to check out the Mental Health section. In this library there is a wealth of perspective on faith and mental health. https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Library/52
- Mental Health impacts most of us at some stage in life. How should we view this? Read what Bridges Counselling has to say. https://www.bridgescounselling.com.au/mental-health-counselling/
With more people living longer, robust lives are needed. Many of us might expect to have 30+ years in our retirement – that’s a lot of free time! With so many good, strong years ahead of you, the question is how can you thrive well into your retirement years? What might this look like?
- Here is a list of five simple tips to keep in mind when nearing retirement: https://www.christiansuper.com.au/five-keys-to-help-you-thrive-in-your-retirement/
- What does a fruitful retirement potentially look like? Read this article to get our perspective on this:https://www.christiansuper.com.au/how-a-purposeful-retirement-can-mark-our-most-fruitful-season-of-christian-service/
- There have been changes to the minimum withdraw down amount. This may affect you. Read more here, https://www.christiansuper.com.au/changes-to-minimum-pension-drawdown-rates/