You should very soon be receiving an email about your annual member statement. Here we answer some Frequently Asked Questions about statements. We also invite you take this opportunity to make sure your account details are up to date. Read on.
1. How do I access my statement online?
Login to MemberAccess with your member number and password. If you are using online access for the first time, you will need to Register for member access. Look for MESSAGES > CORRESPONDENCE and find your most recent statement.
You can also access your statement via the Christian Super App.
2. How do I update my account details?
There are various ways to do this:
3. Why are my most recent contributions not showing on the statement?
Any changes made to your account after 30th June may not appear in your Statement. The statements are as at 30th June.
4. How do I make changes to my insurance policy?
5. I updated my address however my statement still has my old address recorded, why is that?
Any changes made to your account after 30th June may not appear in your Mid-Year Statement. The statements are as at 30th June.
Things to consider in your Member Statement
- Are all my details recorded correctly?
Keeping your superannuation up to date is actually really important. We try only to contact you when something important comes up so relying on old addresses or phone numbers may mean that you miss out keeping up to date with changes. Please send through any updated information or login online to make any changes.
- Are my beneficiaries up to date?
While we never want to focus on the sad moments in life, it’s always important to be ready. Making sure your beneficiary information is up-to-date is a simple way to ensure that we can manage your super more effectively.
- Are you correctly covered for insurances (occupation codes and cover valid)?
Holding your insurance within your super is an extremely cost effective way of making sure you are covered in the event of the unexpected. It’s important to ensure that your current cover, as shown in your statement, would be sufficient to cover you and your family in times of need.
- Has my current employer been paying contributions to my account?
While most employers have your interest at heart, it’s important to ensure that all your contributions have been recorded correctly on your account. However, some of the most recent contributions may not be yet recorded on your statement so if there are any discrepancies, please call us so we can make sure that your records are up to date.
- Should I rollover or search for other superfunds that I may have?
Paying multiple fees across different funds is decreasing your future retirement savings. Make sure you consolidate any extra accounts to avoid this.