Christian Super is an ethically responsible, profit for members, industry superannuation fund. The Christian Super team strives to create change in world through ethical investment and deliver excellent investment outcomes for members, while remaining faithful to Biblical principles. If you are supportive of the ethics and values of Christian Super, and want to find out more about our impact and culture, have a look around our website.
About the Role
Oversee and administer the Fund’s finances in a way that encourages accountability and stewardship, with a focus on financial planning and analysis.
Status: Fixed Term 7 Month Contract, Part Time (4 days per week)
Contract Term: Maternity Leave Contract, 7th January- Friday 2nd August 2019
Location: Rhodes Corporate Park (NSW, Australia)
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
- Financial Planning & Analysis, including management of the annual budget process
- Financial Management and Administration
- Leadership of the Accounts Payable Officer and Fund Administration, ensuring delivery of all finance objectives
- Preparation of monthly Management and quarterly Board reports
- Co-ordinate and review annual FBT
- Monitor and liaise with the external Fund Accounting Team to ensure that day to day accounting, banking and reporting is timely and accurate.
- Ensure the Fund complies with Statutory Accounting Standards
- Prepare quarterly tax reconciliations
- Ensure appropriate Financial Control processes and procedures are in place
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of a Christian worldview, with the ability to apply this worldview to Finances and a commitment to Christian Super’s mission and values.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, and accounting qualifications (CPA or CA)
- Strong experience in financial management, including management of an organisational budget.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar Senior Commercial Finance Role
- Financial analysis and modelling experience
- Strong computer literacy, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, h/v look ups).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the CEO and Senior Managers to identify finance requirements, building effective relationships at all levels of the organisation and collaborate and influence and across functions.
- Excellent ability to analyse information, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with SAP Business One and PeopleSoft
To be considered for the role, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role to Elise Hill, People & Culture Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Monday 29th October 2018