Christian Super is an ethically responsible, profit for members, industry superannuation fund. The Christian Super team strives to create change in world through ethical investment and deliver excellent investment outcomes for members, while remaining faithful to Biblical principles. If you are supportive of the ethics and values of Christian Super, and want to find out more about our impact and culture, have a look around our website.
About the Role
This role oversees and administers the Fund’s finances in a way that encourages accountability and stewardship, with a focus on financial planning and analysis. As a member of the Executive team, this role contributes meaningfully to the strategic leadership of the Fund, contributing to planning and development and ensuring the business imperatives of the Fund are met.
Status: Full Time
Location: Rhodes Corporate Park, NSW Australia
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
- Financial Planning & Analysis, including management of the annual budget process
- Financial Management and Administration
- Leadership of the Accounts Payable Officer and Fund Administration, ensuring delivery of all finance objectives
- Preparation of monthly Management and quarterly Board reports
- Co-ordinate and review annual FBT
- Monitor and liaise with the external Fund Accounting Team to ensure that day to day accounting, banking and reporting is timely and accurate.
- Ensure the Fund complies with Statutory Accounting Standards
- Reconciliation of quarterly and yearend tax positions in unit price to financial accounts
- Ensure appropriate Financial Control processes and procedures are in place
- Overseeing the budget preparation and approval process
- Oversee the annual external and internal audit process
- Contributing as a member of the Executive Team in the leadership of the Fund
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of a Christian worldview, with the ability to apply this worldview to Finances and a commitment to Christian Super’s mission and values.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, and accounting qualifications (CPA or CA)
- Strong experience in financial management, including management of an organisational budget.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar Senior Commercial Finance Role
- Financial analysis and modelling experience
- Strong computer literacy, with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, h/v look ups)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the CEO and Senior Managers to identify finance requirements, building effective relationships at all levels of the organisation and collaborate and influence and across functions.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a proven track record of thinking strategically and long-term.
- Excellent ability to analyse information, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with SAP Business One and PeopleSoft
- Experience working in a fund manager, investment manager or financial services sector (desirable)
To be considered for the role, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role to Elise Hill, People & Culture Manager: email@example.com
Applications close 18th August 2019