Christian Super is an ethically responsible, profit for members, industry superannuation fund. The Christian Super team strives to create change in the world through ethical investment and deliver excellent investment outcomes for members, while remaining faithful to Biblical principles. If you are supportive of the ethics and values of Christian Super, and want to find out more about our impact and culture, have a look around our website.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in developing and implementing Christian Super’s investment strategy, maximising its opportunity to deliver against the investment objectives, while simultaneously rigorously applying Biblical principles to ensure that Christian Super is at the forefront of ethical, responsible and impact investing.
Status: Permanent Full Time
Location: Rhodes Corporate Park (NSW, Australia)
Reporting To: Chief Investment Officer
- Working closely with the Chief Investment Officer, support the development of the long-term investment strategy to ensure that the investment portfolio meets its long-term investment objectives.
- Work with external advisers and the internal team to recommend the most appropriate asset allocation (strategic and dynamic) for Christian Super’s investment options.
- Oversee the monitoring of external fund managers to ensure they remain appropriate for the investment strategy and operate in accordance with relevant agreements.
- Identify, recommend and implement opportunities to enhance efficiency of the implementation of the investment strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of Ethical Investment policies to ensure that the portfolio is consistent with overall Ethical Investment objectives.
- Drive a team culture that harnesses resources and identifies innovation and opportunity for the benefit of the member
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of a Christian worldview, with the ability to apply this worldview to investing, and a commitment to Christian Super’s mission and values.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a proven track record of thinking strategically and long-term.
- Strong investment market literacy, with experience in managing investment portfolios and a sound knowledge of the investment and superannuation industries.
- Ability to work independently and to set strategy and direction for self and others while demonstrating exceptional problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong numeracy skills, with the ability to analyse, interpret and make recommendations based on complex and conflicting information.
- Professionalism and demonstrated sound judgment.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant financial or analytical discipline.
To be considered for the role, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role to Elise Hill, People & Culture Manager: email@example.com. Applications close Monday 4th February 2019.