Christian Super is an ethically responsible, profit for members, industry superannuation fund. The Christian Super team strives to create change in world through ethical investment and deliver excellent investment outcomes for members, while remaining faithful to Biblical principles. If you are supportive of the ethics and values of Christian Super, and want to find out more about our impact and culture, have a look around our website.
About the Role
This role is an exciting opportunity to work directly alongside the Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance and gain exposure to a wide range of responsibilities within the function. Bring your exceptional attention to detail, and assist with monitoring the Fund’s compliance with all relevant legislation and regulations and assisting with the development of the Fund’s internal policies to reflect best practice.
Status: Full Time
Location: Rhodes Corporate Park
- Oversee policy reviews and implementation to ensure compliance with legislation and licenses (both RSE and AFSL)
- Maintain relevant compliance systems, including the compliance database and the breaches register.
- Assist with implementation of changed business processes to address changing legislative or regulatory requirements.
- Assist with monitoring material external service providers to ensure legislative and SLA compliance
- Assist with management of key compliance service providers including auditors.
- Contribute to the identification of risks to the Fund’s business operations.
- Monitor and report on key risk indicators (KRIs) associated with risks to the Fund’s business operations.
- Provide secretarial support of Board and Committee meetings, including agenda setting, collation of papers and minute-taking.
Skills and Experience:
- Completed or undertaking a degree in a relevant discipline such as business/law
- Experience in risk, compliance or governance, preferably within financial services
- Accuracy and attention to detail, and ability to investigate thoroughly
- Ability to research and maintain knowledge of compliance obligations
- Ability to work independently and manage time well
- Understanding of the benefits of compliance and risk management to an organisation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing responsibilities
- Capacity to support and promote the Christian mission and values of the organisation, and apply a biblical principles approach to compliance activities
To be considered for the role, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role to Elise Hill People & Culture Manager: email@example.com. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as screening and selection of candidates may begin as soon as applications are received.