Christian Super is an ethically responsible, profit for members, industry superannuation fund.
Reporting directly to the Chief Investment Officer, this is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the work of Christian Super through the development and implementation of Investment Strategy. This role will oversee various aspects of portfolio monitoring, investment operations, and work with the external custodian to ensure smooth implementation.
This is a permanent full-time position, complimented by a strong Fund focus on work-life balance and flexibility.
Your role will include:
- Work with the CIO to identify and implement opportunities to enhance efficiency of the implementation of the investment strategy.
- Manage day-to-day aspects of the relationship with the Custodian to ensure delivery against agreed quality and timeliness measures, identifying and implementing efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Manage investment monitoring & operations for the fund
- Implement target Asset and Manager allocations through regular rebalancing activity.
- Contribute to discussions concerning strategy and implementation of internal portfolios. Support the Portfolio Managers of the Internal Cash and Internal Enhanced Cash portfolios in the management of these funds.
- Play an active role in discussions regarding ethical issues and their relationship to the operation of investment portfolio.
- Attend Investment Committee meetings as required to provide professional advice and input to the Committee in areas of expertise. Prepare reports, papers and analysis on relevant matters for discussion and consideration.
- Provide advice and support to all members of the team on relevant areas of expertise, including one direct report.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of a Christian worldview, with the ability to apply Christian ethics to investments and a commitment to Christian Super’s mission and values.
- Previous experience in Investment Operations.
- Strong understanding of the unit pricing process, including knowledge of the applicable taxation standards.
- Ability to identify, investigate and resolve unit price issues.
- Strong ability to analyse information and identify patterns.
- Exceptional analytical, numeracy and computer skills, with strength in Microsoft Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage time and competing priorities.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field.
To be considered for the role, please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements of the role to Elise Hill, People & Culture Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications close Sunday 31stOctober 2021.
This is an opportunity to work in a Christian, values-based organisation that truly cares about its Members. If you are supportive of the ethics and values of Christian Super, and want to find out more about our history, impact and culture, have a look around our website.